Airlines
Older than 7 days

Shareholders pour money into Virgin Atlantic


Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, © Ingo Lang

Related News

LONDON - Virgin Atlantic Airways has received 400m pounds in new investments from its shareholders, Virgin Group and Delta Air Lines.

"The investment positions Virgin Atlantic to emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic in a strong financial position and with a bolstered balance sheet, ready to capitalise on market opportunities as demand returns," Virgin Atlantic said in a statement.

The airline anticipates a return to sustainable profitability from 2023, driven by a recovery in air travel demand and more than 300m million of cost savings, already delivered.

The investment is split 204m pounds Virgin Group, 196m pounds Delta Air Lines -  the ownership structure remains unchanged; Virgin Group owns 51 percent of Virgin Atlantic, while Delta Air lines owns the remaining 49 percent share.
© aero.uk | 14/12/2021 07:27


Comments (0) Go to front page

To write a comment, please sign up at aero.uk or log in.

Headlines

Community

Discussions on current events and developments in the aviation industry

Pilot Jobs at "SkyJobs.com by SkyTest®"

Special: Flight Training

Most Read

PaxEx.com Passenger Experience

There are new
stories at aero.uk

Reload main page